Re: LSR; scrapping input/test/

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: LSR; scrapping input/test/
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:36:21 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> The second problem that must be solved at the Lilypond level has to do
> with safe mode. Apparently safe mode is presently "very safe", in fact
> so safe that some reasonable scheme tricks do not work--probably not all
> stuff in input/test will compile.
>
> It would be very useful if we could have a safe-but-not-so-safe mode,
> say where the only thing that can't be done is starting external
> commands and read/write files, much like the default policy with Java
> applets.

Unfortunately, that's not possible. GUILE's safe mode revolves around
namespace trickery to hide 'unsafe' commands. Unfortunately, LilyPond
scoping also uses namespace trickery, and I don't see how I can
mix both things flawlessly.

For making pngs, it should   suffice to do

    lilypond --safe --png foo.ly

no need to copy preambles from lilypond-book