Re: lilypond & tetex-3.0 tested

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond & tetex-3.0 tested
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:18:32 +0100

Bertalan Fodor wrote:

In fact, I would propose a dependency such that ec-fonts is always
installed after tetex-*, also since the font itself doesn't make sense
without tetex.

Some core maintainer of cygwin pointed us to not make font packages dependent of tetex. However, we can put this dependency back, because we have a strong argument now.

They could have exactly the same
contents, the point is just to be able to invoke the installation
script of ec-fonts after the installation of tetex-3.

I'm not sure if it is possible.

I still don't see any reason to involve anything related to ec-fonts
in the installation scripts for LilyPond.

Well, ec-fonts is such an integral part for LilyPond that I think it's not a big difference.

Well, in that case it maybe shouldn't even be a separate package.
Of course, it's reasonable to split them into two packages because
the ec-fonts are not likely to change very often and including them
in lilypond would increase the size significantly. Still, I don't see
what problem you solve by adding ec-font related installation issues
to the installation scripts of lilypond.

  /Mats