Re: 2.5.13 cygwin build - partial success

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: 2.5.13 cygwin build - partial success
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:59:15 +0100

2. fontconfig segfaults with /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/hr* I had to
  remove them

This should be fixed by the fontconfig maintainer to.  Are the hr*
fonts standard?  Does fontconfig work at all?  Have you sent a bug
report?

Actually this may be a known bug with the fonts. Fontconfig itself does work. (I think this because fc-list lists the fonts and lilypond builds). There has been some mail about these fonts not working on the Scribus list. It's interesting that the Windows version of Ghostscript does not contain these fonts. Perhaps the maintainer of gs should remove them.

3. fontconfig's /etc/fonts/local.conf had to be updated manually to
  set /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts. If not set, lilypond hangs (with
  100% CPU ) with the eps backend

Possibly this too.  What were the updates you did?
<dir>/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts</dir>

I can't really help with 4 and 5.
OK, I will investigate it further. I just made this build to test the memory-stream hacks, and see what problems remain.

Bert