Re: PDF font trouble

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: PDF font trouble
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:50:13 +0000

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 10:37 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> David Bobroff writes:
>
> > Just compiled the latest CVS (ChangeLog 1.3411).  I checked the
> > generated PDF documentation and the music fonts are a mess.
>
> It looks like they are just not found.  Can you check if the .eps files
> have note head?

Well, some of them do and some of them don't.  I went to:

/usr/src/lilypond/Documentation/user/out/

and filtered for *.eps files.  Some appeared just fine.  Others were
missing noteheads.

>  If the eps's are OK, can you verify that dvips does not
> display any warnings, esp. things like:
>
>    dvips: Font PFAEmmentaler-20 used in file lily-444478525-1.eps is not in
> the mapping file.
>
> Jan.

Since there is a mixed answer for the first question do I need to find
an answer for the second question yet?  Also, I'm not real sure how to
do that.  (Please be aware that my under-the-hood knowledge of Linux has
great gaping holes in it.  I don't want to irritate someone who is
actually trying to help me.  This happened recently.)

-David