Re: second developers' meeting in Koblenz

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: second developers' meeting in Koblenz
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:58:27 +0200

On Friday 08 April 2005 12.07, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The following is a list of various things which should be added or
> fixed in our opinion.

in general: sounds cool

> . Bug: Whole bar rests sometimes don't get enough horizontal space.
>   The reasons are unknown yet.  I think I've reported it already a
>   longer time ago.

Yes, this was added to cvs as spacing-whole-rest.ly. This bug has been marked
as fixed, and lily's behaviour has changed to the better since your bug
report, at least on the example you gave. However, I can agree that the
spacing is still not perfect. Can you find a good & clear example of the bug
with the current lilypond?

IMHO, the percent-repeat-width and slash-spacing bugs should have about equal
priority as spacing-whole-rest. (at least from a user's perspective)

> . Flushright bar numbers: I've mentioned already in a previous mail
>   that bar numbers should be moved to the right as it was in previous
>   lilypond versions.
>
> . Bug: Make hairpins end just before barlines.
>
> . Bug: Separate cue note sections must end spanners.
>
> . Bug: Triplet brackets must not overlap.
>
> Note that the items tagged as `bug' are mainly reminders for Han-Wen,
> so don't wonder if they appear as cryptic to you :-)

If you find it useful, I could add those to the bug repository, & mark them
important.

Erik