Re: A french Website

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: A french Website
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:14:21 +0200

Gauvain Pocentek writes:

> So I plan to create a website about LilyPond, with translations of -
> a part of - the official documentation

That's great.  What pages you plan to translate?

We have been trying to keep this a big surprise: in the deepest secret
the LilyPond development team has been working on a translation
infrastructure for the website and parts of the documentation (only
the tutorial for now).

We have two requirements: the translation must be maintained, and a
minimal set of pages must be translated before the website goes live.

The website sources are available from CVS, the newweb module

    CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond co newweb

Jan.

newweb/TRANSLATION:
NEW TRANSLATIONS

A new translation will be made available on LILYPOND.ORG as soon as a
useful part of the site has been translated, and is of good quality.

The initial delivery of a translation for LILYPOND.ORG is about 3000 words.

Priorities:  1. delivery, 2. later, 3. optional, 4. not to be translated

1 index.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/index.html

1 switch/index.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/switch/index.html
1 switch/advantages.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/switch/advantages.html
2 switch/testimonials.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/switch/testimonials.html
1 switch/tour.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/switch/tour.html
1 switch/howto.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/switch/howto.html
4 documentation.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/documentation.html

1 about/index.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/index.html
4 about/doneet.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/doneet.html
3 about/faq.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/faq.html
3 about/pubs.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/pubs.html
2 about/features.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/features.html
2 about/thanks.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/about/thanks.html

4 about/applications/index.html  --
http://lilypond.org/web/about/applications/index.html
3 site/about/automated-engraving/
4 site/devel

1 install/getting-started.html  --
http://lilypond.org/web/install/getting-started.html
4 install/index.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/install/index.html
1 install/macos.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/install/macos.html
4 install/slackware.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/install/slackware.html
1 install/using.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/install/using.html
1 install/windows.html  --  http://lilypond.org/web/install/windows.html

$ wc $(grep ^1 TODO | cut -f 2)
  161   284  3294 site/index.html
   54   214  1604 site/switch/index.html
  100   456  3561 site/switch/advantages.html
   92   405  3080 site/switch/tour.html
  101   281  2505 site/switch/howto.html
  106   276  3883 site/about/index.html
  133   414  3310 site/install/getting-started.html
   28    85   900 site/install/macos.html
   56   115  1131 site/install/using.html
  135   380  3001 site/install/windows.html
  966  2910 26269 total