Re: Reminder: Some chord symbols still broken in 2.5.19

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Reminder: Some chord symbols still broken in 2.5.19
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:31:34 +0200

Op wo, 27-04-2005 te 14:31 -0700, schreef Matthias Neeracher:

> An update on this (sorry it took me so long): All three code points are
> supported in many Mac fonts, and all three characters show up fine in
> inkscape and gedit.
> Can you tell me where in the lilypond code the font for the triangle is
> looked up? I could probably understand the issue better if I know where
> to hook up the debugger.

in ly/chord-modifiers-init.ly, the appropriate UTF-8 chars are defined.
These are passed through lily. At some point, they end up at
Stencil Pango_font::text_stencil (), which calls
Stencil Pango_font::pango_item_string_stencil(). The latter method hooks
up with the Pango API.  You could also see what happens if you try to
print a general UTF-8 multilingual text through \markup. That might give
an idea of what fonts are used, and which fonts aren't.

I could imagine that there is something wrong with FontConfig (maybe it
doesn't include the standard system font dirs); we've also had reports
about feta-alphabet20.pfa not being found, while we  add
$prefix/lilypond/<version>/fonts/type1/ to fontConfig's search path.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden
LilyPond Software Design - http://www.lilypond-design.com