Re: Heureka! (Was: Some chord symbols still broken in 2.5.19)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Heureka! (Was: Some chord symbols still broken in 2.5.19)
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:23:38 +0200

Matthias Neeracher wrote:
in ly/chord-modifiers-init.ly, the appropriate UTF-8 chars are  defined.
These are passed through lily. At some point, they end up at
Stencil Pango_font::text_stencil (), which calls
Stencil Pango_font::pango_item_string_stencil().

I finally found what was going on: Pango and freetype were actually working just fine, as far as I can tell. The problem was that wcrtomb on MacOS X does not necessarily perform Unicode->UTF8 conversion because it's locale sensitive, and it seems that the default locale setting is not UTF8 friendly for this call.

Simply hand coding the conversion seemed to work fine, but I'm not sure what other places in the code rely on wide character functionality.

thanks for the patch, I applied it. For the future, could you provide ChangeLogs? That makes it easier to track the copyright status of LilyPond.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - address@hidden
LilyPond Software Design - http://www.lilypond-design.com