Re: default MetronomeMark #padding

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: default MetronomeMark #padding
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 07:37:31 -0700

On 9-May-05, at 7:08 AM, Stephen wrote:

There is nothing about the Metronome Mark in the Changing Defaults chapter. I have already ready the documentation.

Please read this page.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Common-tweaks.html

In particular, look at the first example and the last example.

I figured out how to move it up or down, but not left or right. In general, I think it would look better over the time signature instead of over the first note.

Yes, but tempo changes can occur in the middle of a piece. If we moved the Mark to the left by default, a tempo change in the middle of a piece would be floating in
the middle of nowhere.

It's easy to move the mark to the left if so desired. I proposed my change because I can't imagine anybody wanting the mark in its current position instead of being
slightly higher.