Re: Approve LilyPond Uniform Type Identifier?

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Re: Approve LilyPond Uniform Type Identifier?
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 06:21:51 -0700

The spec also lets you map between UTIs and extensions, MIME types, old-style Mac OS type codes in the HFS metadata, etc. Also, because it's defined using reverse-DNS naming, you don't have to register it with anyone.

Since Jan has been using text/lilypond-source for the MIME type, maybe org.lilypond.lilypond-source is better? (Also, it matches the "public.c-plus-plus-source", etc that Apple's defined for other languages).

I should also mention that I marked it as inheriting from public.souce-code (which in turn inherits from public.plain-text, "text of unspecified encoding, with no markup"), which seemed reasonable.

--Ed