Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Several problems with 2.5.27 version on Windows ME
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:24:02 +0200

Brynne and Russ Jorgensen writes:

> I'll attach again.  Originally I attached the .bat file directly, but
> it got rejected by the gnu mail system, so maybe I forgot to attach
> the 2nd time.  If it doesn't make it this time, I'll just include it
> in-line next time.

Strange, the -devel list should not strip attachments.

I'm not sure I understand, it seems that the test is for operating
system flavour, not for unicode functionality

    rem
    rem determine if we need the unicode or ascii version of lilypad.exe
    rem
    set _TFILE=%_IDIR%\_ver.txt
    set _OS=new
    ver > %_TFILE%
    type %_TFILE% | find "Windows 95" > nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto chk95oem
    set _OS=old
    goto next
    :chk95oem
    type %_TFILE% | find "OEM Service" > nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto chk98
    set _OS=old
    goto next
    :chk98
    type %_TFILE% | find "Windows 98" > nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto chkme
    set _OS=old
    goto next
    :chkme
    type %_TFILE% | find "Windows M" > nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto next
    set _OS=old

I thought that you said the unicode version of lilypad would work when
the user installs compatibitily libraries?  Did I misunderstand?

Anyway, if this works for me I'll include it in the 2.5.30 installer,
but I feel that it would be more robust as NSIS script rather than
bat?

Jan.