Re: Suggestion for lilypond-win

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Suggestion for lilypond-win
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:27:56 +0200

Schneelocke writes:

> here's a small suggestion for something I'd like to see in the windows
> port of Lilypond: when an editor window is opened (for example, when
> the user double-clicks on the Lilypond icon on the desktop), then
> instead of opening Notepad, the editor that's associated with the file
> type being opened should be used instead.

I think that is exactly what happens.  The installer associates .ly
with lilypond-invoke-editor.  Its behaviour can be changed by setting
LYEDITOR.

> Most people hate Notepad and install something better. :)

There is a function called find_editor that tries to find a better
editor and associate that, but there were all kinds of problems with it.
Patches appreciated.

Jan.