Re: Bringing LilyPad into LilyPond

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Re: Bringing LilyPad into LilyPond
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:16:42 -0700

Specifically, QTKit and PDFKit (inside Quartz)--they're separate from the standard AppKit/Foundation frameworks. On second glance, it looks like the wrappers are very easy to generate, especially since I don't think there are any ObjC protocols to wrap.

The fact that I use QTKit and PDFKit brings up another issue--these are only available in Tiger and later, and I doubt you'd want to restrict Panther users from using LilyPond.app. At one point, I had LilyPad working so that those two frameworks were weak-linked, and the app used older classes (NSMovieView, NSImageView, etc.) when launched on a Panther system--the big drawback was that point-and- click didn't work, because NSImageView doesn't know anything about PDF links. Somewhere along the line I broke this and will try to get it fixed soon, certainly before trying to put anything into LilyPond.app.

--Ed