Re: Previous discussion on tuplet breaking over lines?

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Previous discussion on tuplet breaking over lines?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:20:33 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Baca" <address@hidden>
To: "Stephen" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:14 PM

On 7/30/05, Stephen <address@hidden> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden>
To: "Trevor Baca" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:29 PM

> Trevor Baca wrote:
>> But I'm probably missing something obvious; is there a circumstance
>> under which tuplet brackets do break??
>
> I think you have to \remove Forbid_break_engraver. Or make sure that the

It is actually called Forbid_line_break_engraver:

\score {
   \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff {\clef treble \times 4/5 {e'2 e' e' e' e'}}
      \new Staff {\clef bass
         c'4 c' c' c' \break | % this break does!
         c' c' c' c'}

   \layout {
      \context { \Voice \remove Forbid_line_break_engraver }
      raggedright = ##t
   }
}

YES. That's it exactly! I saw that there were line-breaking procedures
defined on the TupletBracket but I forgot to do another pass over the

It forbids a line break when any notehead is still playing, not just notes in tuplets.

Stephen

reference list of engravers. The Forbid_line_break_engraver is a
pretty nifty widget.

Thank you both!

Trevor.