RE: adding hideKeySignature to lilypond commands

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: adding hideKeySignature to lilypond commands
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 08:44:28 +0200

> From: Graham Percival [mailto:address@hidden
>
> To make lilypond bagpipe stuff easier, I propose that we include these
> commands in ly/property-init.ly
> Any objections?  Should they go in a different file instead?
>
> hideKeySignature = {
>    \override Score.KeySignature #'print-function = ##f
>    \set Score.extraNatural = ##f
>    #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
> }
> showKeySignature = {
>    \override Score.KeySignature #'print-function =
> #'Key_signature_interface::print
>    \set Score.extraNatural = ##f
>    #(set-accidental-style 'forget)
> }

Actually doing that would not make the bagpipe stuff easier at all.
I currently have those commands in my bagpipe.ly file where they
also set the key-signature-to-be-hidden by calling
  \set Staff.keySignature = #'((0 . 2) (3 . 2))

If the commands were moved elsewhere I would be forced to use a
different name, and I don't really want that since hideKeySignature
is exactly the right name even if it also silently sets the key
signature.

Keeping these commands in bagpipe.ly would ensure that we don't clash
with anything else. We can then assume that anyone who includes
bagpipe.ly do want to write bagpipe music and that they are fine with
the "hidden" behaviour of also setting the key signature.

--
Sven Axelsson