string quartett parts template

From: Achim Bornhoeft
Subject: string quartett parts template
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 12:10:51 +0200

Hi,
I recently tried to run the string quartett parts template: I put all
the code in different documents and the following message appeared while
compiling score.ly:

  Processing `/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly'
Parsing...
/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly: 0: warning: no
\version statement found,  add

\version "2.6.3"

for future compatibility

When I put the /version statement to a different place in the document
p.e. in the last line the compilation process hangs while parsing.

Strangly when the /version statement is in the first line (the commented
document name deleted) the system is complaining the following way:

  Processing `/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly'
Parsing...
/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly:2:97: error:
unknown escaped string: `\music'

\include "piece.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
   \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score

                           \music
   \layout { }
   \midi { \tempo 4 = 60 }
}
/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly:2:97: error:
syntax error, unexpected STRING

\include "piece.ly"
#(set-global-staff-size 14)
\score {
   \new StaffGroup \keepWithTag #'score

                           \music
   \layout { }
   \midi { \tempo 4 = 60 }
}
error: failed files:
"/Users/achimbornhoeft/Projekte/concent/sco/ly/score.ly"

The first string quartett template runs absolutely fine ....
I hope someone can help me with this.
Thanks in advance,
Achim

--