RE: Resource list, revised and extended again

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Resource list, revised and extended again
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:45:36 -0500

John -

Who can install and maintain the page at http://lilypond.org/web/resources?
If you can do this, without linking and with "Under Construction" at the
top, anyone can review if they know it is there.

Probably ought to insert, in fine print at the end, something like:
"The information on this web page is provided solely as a convenience to
LilyPonders.  No representation is made or any warranty given as to its
completeness or accuracy, or of the contents of the links.  Please submit
content suggestions and comments to address@hidden"

I can't see chasing permissions.  We could ask our own - Graham, Han-Wen,
svenax -- for their approval, but mostly don't know how to get permission
for the graphics.  The bagpipe for svenax came from a postage stamp.  My
tack would be to do whatever and quickly delete if anyone complains, but I
suppose there is some risk.

Han-Wen posted "Morceau de concert, Pour cor" on Mutopia, so I learned "pour
cor" translates as "for horn."  Google finds the Mutopia posting first, so I
tossed it in as a bit of a ;-).

Personal preference:  I find the gray background rather gloomy.  The pages
at lilypond, with a white background, better represent the black-on-white
LilyPond engravings.

Organizing by categories seems useful, especially as the list grows.

                                    - Bruce