Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and duration
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:04:00 +0200

[flup to lily-devel]

Peter Teeson wrote:
I've been lurking here so I may have missed it. But anyway here is my question. WRT fast changing syntax - do we have, or is it feasible/possible to have, a formal grammar for the lily language?
I.E. formal in the mathematical sense?
Or are things still mutating so rapidly that we need some more Darwin time to allow stabilisation? The reason I ask is that it might help in the propsed re-factorisation aspect of it.

BNF grammars have been posted here. Please search the archives.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com