Re: typo errors in the essay on website + translations

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: typo errors in the essay on website + translations
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:21:15 +0200

John Mandereau writes:

> here is a small patch that fixes typo/navigation errors in the essay,
> with a ChangeLog entry.

Thanks.

> It may be also good to create
> site/about/automated-engraving/menu-entries.py containing the line:
>
> []
>
> to avoid unuseful links "site/about/atomated-engraving" in the menu.

Ok, good catch.

> I can tell you that we have nearly finished the french site translation.
> What about site/documentation.html? It is marked "4. not to be
> translated" in TRANSLATION, but it will certainly be useful it is
> translated when the docs are translated -

Indeed.  The reason to mark it 'not to be translated' was because it
has mostly changing links to non-translated docs.  I see no good
reason to translate it.

> are there plans to translate
> the docs? (if the French translators will be soon unemployed :-))) )

Wow, that's quite impressive!

We might have a look at translating the tutorial...

I have a set-up for that on my development box, but the problem is
that the documentation is part of the LilyPond source tarball.  That
makes building the documentation part of the website a bit trickier
than the stuff in ./newweb.  Also, the source is in texinfo, not HTML.

I've attached the patch, just in case you get bored; it has not been
tested too wel.  The idea is to copy Documentation/user/tutorial.itely
to Documentation/<LANG>/tutorial.itely, and leave all @node lines
untranslated.  That way all HTML pages will have the same name, and
blend well into the rest of the website.

Good luck,

Jan.