Any "objective" praises?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Any "objective" praises?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:52:58 +0200

Hi,

I am looking for good comparisons between different typesetting
softwares' layout beautifulness.

Lots of people have praised the beautifulness of lily's output on our
various lists; it seems that everyone agrees that the (untweaked) output
of lily is far more beautiful than the (untweaked) output of any other
music typesetting program. However, our lists is a very biased source.

Does anyone know about a good third-party comparison of music notation
software, where lily is included, and where some general judgement of
beautifulness is included?

I know about the comparison mirrored by Laura recently; the problem with
this is that (AFAICR) I couldn't find any associated judgement (which
program "won"?)

Erik