Re: make install fails with Lily 2.7.x

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: make install fails with Lily 2.7.x
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:40:52 +1100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

>>>Did you try?
>>
>>Yes, I did. The result is exactly the same.
>

>>Do you have any idea where I should start looking?
>

> I would investigate why install-info does not work for you, try running
> the install-info commands manually.

I've got absolutely no idea about any of this, but you've given me a
place to start looking. Thanks!

>>An alternative which would keep me happy for now is to build LilyPond
>>without the documentation. Is there a not-too-involved way to do this?
>

> You could try commenting-out the install-info commands.

I grepped around a bit and my problem rears its during the processing of
lilypond-2.7.17/Documentation/user/GNUmakefile

As you suggested I commented out the install-info commands and
everything built properly.

Thanks for your help!