Re: osx compatibility: stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: osx compatibility: stepmake/stepmake/c++-rules.make
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:21:28 -0800

On 15-Dec-05, at 4:46 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
 +ifneq ($(DARWIN_BUILD),)
 $(outdir)/%.cc: %.ll
$(FLEX) -Cfe -p -p -o$@ $< + perl -i.bak -pe 's/^class istream;/#include <iostream>;\nusing namespace std;/' $@
+else
+$(outdir)/%.cc: %.ll
+       $(FLEX) -Cfe -p -p -o$@ $< +endif

this is getting out of hand. I will not accept gratuitous ifdefs all over the code. Complain with the fink maintainers for shipping a broken flex.

I think it would be nice to allow people to build lilypond without requiring them to copy patches from fink cvs (either web-cvs or /sw/fink/10.3/finkinfo/blah/foo/text/lilypond-devel.patch ).

How's this? There's a "darwin.patch" file in the root of the lilypond source tree, which doesn't appear to have been modified since March 2002. I don't think those patches are necessary. Could we replace those patches with build-necessary OSX patches? ie not the changes to the info directories (which is clearly a "play nice with fink" fink patch); just the parts of the fink patch that is necessary to build lilypond.

We don't need to change the existing fink patch; I'll just add portions of the fink patch to that file so that people can use it if they wish. Yes, this only applies to half a dozen people, but I think it's still a nice thing to do.