Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: revised LilyPond 2.7 binaries MacOS and Windows
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:17:56 +0100

Schneelocke writes:

> Is it intentional that the package file says 2.7.26 while the
> installed Lilypond identifies itself as 2.7.27? :)

That's a bug.  This is fixed in the 2.7.26-3 for windows.

> That being said, here's what I noticed:
>
> 1) convert-ly doesn't handle filenames with spaces in them (non-ASCII
> characters in filenames also aren't displayed correctly in this
> example, but they otherwise seem to work):
>
> C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Schneelocke\Eigene
> Dateien\mine\lilypond>convert-ly -e "það á að gefa börnum
> brauð-2.7.27.ly"

I expect this is a bug in the windows shell.  What happens if you run
convert-ly.py from Cygwin's bash shell, or drag and drop the .ly on
convert-ly?

> 2) The PDF file for the song went up from 90 KB to 2690 KB - is that
> to be expected?

It may contain the new century schoolbook fonts now, you can easily
check the .ps.

> Otherwise, everything's working fine so far. :)

Thanks for the report.

Jan.