Re: Problem with EPS and Scribus

From: Alexandre B
Subject: Re: Problem with EPS and Scribus
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 14:08:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > On Friday 27 January 2006 06.40, Alexandre B wrote:
> >
> >>Hi community,
> >>
> >>I don't really know where to show this bug, is it in this list, or in a
> >>Lilypond bug tracker, or even in Scribus' mailing lists and tracker, but
> >>I'll start here.
> >>
> >>If you download http://www.bourget.cc/dump/lily-eps.tar.gz and try to
> >>Import one of the included EPS file into Scribus, the lyrics get all
> >>jerky.
> >>
> >>I'd like to know if this is something on lilypond's side or Scribus' ? If
> >>it's on lilypond's side, do you think it would be something easily fixed ?
> >>
> >>By the way, I filed a similar bug report in Scribus's mantis bugtracker.
>
> For reasons of space saving, the
>
>    lily-XXXXXX-Y.eps
>
> files don't embed fonts.  They are not meant to be imported directly,
> but rather, to be used by LaTeX

Hello,

I tried with both lily-xxxxxxx-y.eps and lily-xxxxxxx.eps. Of course, the
-xxxxxxxx-y.eps version appears with almost nothing inside it, but the
problem is with the -xxxxxxx.eps version, the one with embedded fonts (and
I also played with the options of lilypond-book to embed fonts in every
.eps (even the xxxxxx-y.eps ones), but this doesn't change anything to the
Scribus importation.

thanks

Alexandre Bourget