Re: PhrasingSlurDashed

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: PhrasingSlurDashed
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:36:34 +0100

I still recommend lilypond-user for this questions on
how to use the program, the lily-devel list is mainly
devoted to specific questions regarding the latest
development versions. The \slurDashed command
included in LilyPond is just a shorthand macro with
the following definition:
slurDashed = {
 \override Slur #'dash-period = #0.75
 \override Slur #'dash-fraction = #0.4
}

If you want to typeset dashed phrasing slurs, you can
include a similar macro definition yourself at the top of
your .ly file (or in some separate file that you can \include
where you need it). In this macro, just replace Slur by
PhrasingSlur:
phrasingSlurDashed = {
 \override PhrasingSlur #'dash-period = #0.75
 \override PhrasingSlur #'dash-fraction = #0.4
}

  /Mats

Henrik Evers wrote:

Hi,
I need PhrasingSlurDashed, as Tie and Slur affect the underlaying texts, and only PhrasingSlur does not. We have to sing some words on one single note and in other stanzas one word on one note, while the note itself stays the same. So I'd like to indicate with a "PhrasingSlurDashed" that the phrase is valid for a certain stanza, but not necessarily for all.
Example:

Sopranos: e d c
Altos: a a a

Words stanza 1: I will be
Words stanza 2: to

So, Altos need dashed phrasing slurs to show some stanza needs holding here. While the text of stanza1 needs to be correctly distributed.

I hope this time it is ok to post in the devel-group. Last time I got my head washed because of an ordinary question. Sorry for that.

Regards,
Henrik

BTW, thanks for your great work!