Re: review new info on file layout

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: review new info on file layout
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:38:36 -0600

Quoth Graham Percival:
> On 29-Jan-06, at 10:26 PM, Don Blaheta wrote:
> > In 4.4 and 4.5, would it be better to say "A \score must contain
> > exactly one music expression (possibly complex)"?  Saying it must
> > "begin with" a music expression isn't saying quite enough.
>
> The \score must _begin_ with the expression, and the whole point of
> those docs is to make the point that a music expression can be complex
> and long.  If that point isn't clearly made on its own, then I should
> improve the rest of those docs, not that line.

The complexity isn't in dispute; but if you say "must begin with a music
expression", it seems to imply that there can be more than one, but as I
understand it, there can only be exactly one.  That one expression can
contain others, of course, but there you go.  Maybe "...must begin with
*the* music expression"?  I dunno.  I guess it's not that big a deal.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
It is not what a teenager knows that bothers his parents, it is how