Re: Removing the stem engraver?

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: Re: Removing the stem engraver?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:06:54 -0600

Quoth Mats Bengtsson:
> Have you considered just making the stems invisible, as a workaround?
> \override Stem #'transparent = ##t

That's exactly how I work around it, but the results aren't exactly the
same---slurs are rendered as if the stems were there.  (This in turn can
be worked around with judicious use of \stemDown and \stemUp, but the
whole think is getting very crufty. ;)

Which reminds me, I also tried

  \override Stem #'print-function = ##f

which I thought was supposed to have approximately the same effect as
removing the engraver, but afaict it does nothing at all.

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.blahedo.org/>-=-
"True, the Founding Fathers had provided for a specific right to bear