Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog ./darwin.patch Documentati...

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog ./darwin.patch Documentati...
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:35:36 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:

Is this really correct? #(define ... ) defines the Scheme function.
#(nopc) runs it. Is \nopc just another syntax for #(nopc) ?

Er, I confess that I have no idea. I was trying to summarize the "Defining shortcuts for scheme code", since it looked like useful information. But on second glance, it looks like Han-Wen's solution involved calling it with #(nopc), while Erik's solution had a different definition but was called with \nopc.

Erik's solution is the neater one, although Scheme buffs might prefer mine. Erik's solution

  \nopc

makes a music function. Normally, a music function takes a music argument, like \compressMusic, but Erik's doesn't take any.

My solution just directly calls the Scheme nopc function.