Re: feature request: Score.metronomeMarkAlignSymbol

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: feature request: Score.metronomeMarkAlignSymbol
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:18:37 -0800

On 27-Feb-06, at 4:29 PM, Trevor Bača wrote:

On 2/24/06, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
would it be easy to add
\set Score.metronomeMarkAlignSymbol = #'clef
?

This would be great for metronome marks at the beginning of pieces.

In the meantime, is it possible to construct whatever metronome mark
your interested using markup and treat the bit of markup as a
rehearsal mark for positioning with rehearsalMarkAlignSymbol?

That's certainly possible. Another alternative is to use #'padding and #'extra-offset; I've found that

\layout { \context Score
  \override MetronomeMark #'extra-offset = #'(-9 . 0)
\override MetronomeMark #'Y-offset = #ly:self-alignment-interface::aligned-on-y-parent
  \override MetronomeMark #'self-alignment-Y = #-1
}

works well for almost every score. I was just hoping to simplify it a bit -- and make it more future-proof. :)