lilypond example in manual vs. on its own

From: Graham Percival
Subject: lilypond example in manual vs. on its own
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:37:21 -0800

Sometimes I see different behavior in an example, depending on whether I compile it on its own (on the command line), instead of in the middle of the manual. The last example of 10.3.1, http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/Creating- titles.html
is one such example.

On its own, with 2.7.38, this works as advertised:

\score {
  { c'4 }
  \header {
    title = "title"  % not printed
    piece = "piece"
    opus = "opus"
  }
}

However, when it is included in the manual (with
@lilypond[quote,verbatim,line-width=11.0\cm]
@end lilypond
)

it _does_ print the title.  What's happening?