Re: doc problems with \paper and \layout keywords

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: doc problems with \paper and \layout keywords
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:57:18 -0800

On 15-Mar-06, at 6:50 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

(At least) two problems:

. The `indent' keyword for \paper is not documented section `Page
  Formatting'.

AFAIK, indent is a \layout thing. It's included in the example in 10.5.3 Score layout.

. We have keywords `ragged-last' and `ragged-last-bottom' which appear
  to do exactly the same according to the descripion.  Why?

Sorry? 10.4.2 states that ragged-last-bottom affects the spread of systems across the last page in the piece. 10.5.7 states that ragged-last is like ragged-right, but only for the last line of the piece. Are either of these unclear?

I strongly suggest to unify the documentation of \paper and \layout!
Is there a reason to have them separated?

The separation is to keep physical stuff (paper size, margins, etc) separate from layout (size, spacing, etc). I thought it made sense... it doesn't look good to you?