Re: Tremolo positioning

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Tremolo positioning
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:31:24 +0200

Joshua Parmenter wrote:
I'll do this tonight (when I'm home with my scanner).

Looking over some older scores, I definitely see examples like the one sent earlier... but over 10 years of typesetting, most current style sheets (if memory serves me correctly) specify slanted tremolos. I'll actually see if I can dig up the Durand style sheet (the one I've seen most recently) and see if ti specifies.

I would be most interested in a xerox/scan of this document.

Schirmer's style guide shows slanted tremolo beams on horizontal beams, but I admit that it looks rather disconcerting. Let's do what the classics do, and ignore modern style sheets.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com