Re: implementation plan for music streams

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: implementation plan for music streams
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:03:21 +0200

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 13:19, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20.42, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> > I'd start with 4. because they're independent from the rest, and we can
> > readily test the rest of those.
>
> I'm now reworking repeats.

I'm more or less done with repeats now. Patch attached.

Known issue: unfold-repeats will probably not work for percent repeats. (the
repeat will be unfolded, but percents will still remain). I'd suggest to fix
this by scrapping percent-repeat-iterator, and to create a SequentialMusic of
percent-repeat-events instead. So
\repeat percent 4 c4
=>
where <pre> is a percent-repeat-event. This requires that
percent-repeat-engraver and slash-repeat-engraver are changed (simplified) as
well.

BTW, is there any particular reason why percent-repeat-engraver and
slash-repeat-engraver are not merged?

BTW2, percent/slash repeats look a bit ugly in current CVS: The slash is far
too thick.

--
Erik