Re: interactive Lilypond

From: Guido Amoruso
Subject: Re: interactive Lilypond
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 11:26:57 +0200

Il giorno dom, 28/05/2006 alle 16.03 +0200, Nicolas Sceaux ha scritto:
> Guido Amoruso <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 2. Creation of music expression. I'd like to be able to do something
> >    like
> >
> >      "(define music (parse-string "{c'' dd'}")"
> >
> >    in order to build scores both interactively and programmatically. I
> >    know there is "ly:parse-string", but I don't understand how it
> >    should work. This would be sure interesting in non interactive
> >    use cases, too.
>
> Look at scm/parser-ly-from-scheme.scm, where the #{ #} syntax is
> implemented.
> (define music #{ c'' dd' #}) should do it.

Thank you! I had not understood what "read-hash-extend" does...
Cool! :-)

Anyway, that does work from file only: in the interactive session it
segfaults, perhaps I'm missing some initialization, because
"(ly:output-def-parser $defaultpaper)" returns a Parser without a Lexer:
#<Lily_parser (no lexer yet) >
I'm getting the wrong parser? Or can I initialize the lexer, too? Can it
be fixed? Maybe I'm still missing something else...

Ciao,
Guido