Re: Problems with spanish update

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problems with spanish update
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:31:00 +0200 (CEST)

> I have read somewere that texinfo macros break hyphenation and this
> leaves raggerd-right as the only possible layout. This document has
> various end line hyphens. What is going to happen?

The UTF-8 stuff has nothing to do with texinfo macros.  It works on
the most basic level, this is, it directly accesses the input
characters (by making them active) and converts them to texinfo
entities before anything else is going to happen.

On the other hand, hyphenation isn't an issue at all because those
accented characters are always part of foreign words which aren't
hyphenated anyway.

    Werner