Re: make web fails

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:05:00 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:

hm.. this one is about tupletSpannerDuration. I can see two alternatives to solve this:
* re-add time-keeping to tuplet-engraver to insert starts/stops correctly.
* make time-scaled iterator check for tupletSpannerDuration, and generate something like
<<
{\tuplet-start \skip 4 \tuplet-stop \tuplet-start \skip 4 ... }
music
if the property is set. I think this is the cleanest way I can find, but there are problems:

I don't understand. You're using Sequential iterator, so why don't you do

  { \tup-start
    first-part-of-time-scaled-music
    \tup-end
    \tup-start
    2nd-part-of-time-scaled-music
    \tup-end
  }

this will delegate grace notes to the sequential-iterator.

- grace notes: (in {c8 c c \grace c c c c}, the grace should be under the second bracket). Can be worked around by adding \grace \skip 1*50 after each

No, skip 1*50 is inacceptable.

tuplet start, that works in practise until we have a better way of handling grace notes in the iterators.

- nested tuplets together with tupletSpannerDuration will give strange results, but nobody should do that anyways.

I'm not sure it worked previously either; let's not worry about it.

I'll go on implementing (2) if you don't have any better ideas.

- vertical spacing  tweaks (already reported this earlier)
- alignment-vertical-spacing.ly
will look into

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation