RE: shortened Hairpin hack; how to get "width" of current ChordEvent?

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: shortened Hairpin hack; how to get "width" of current ChordEvent?
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:49:48 +0100

Your second method is the method I'm planning to switch to with
(de)crescendi, but it's no use with glissandi which I also need! The
problem is s doesn't have a note value attached to tie the glissando end
to (unless we can add it, like you can do with rests...).

Your idea of putting a notelength after the > or whatever is also a very
neat idea, but again doesn't solve the glissando problem ...

If you can come up with a good idea of how to attach any generic "link
two notes together" notation such that we can hang it off just one note,
I think it'll go down well (just remember, some of them need a nominal
pitch to hang onto, even if there's no note there).

Cheers,
Wol