Re: Spacing bug in 2.8.2?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing bug in 2.8.2?
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:09:24 +0200

Kieren MacMillan wrote:

However, in general I have felt that beginning- and end-of-measure spacing has altered dramatically (not for the better) in the past version or so -- you may remember several postings (by me and others) on this issue.

For example, I now find that:

1. nearly *every* "carry-over" slur and tie essentially disappears (n.b., this behavior is seen in Shamus's example as well); 2. accidentals, arpeggios, etc., attached to a measure's first note are almost always within only a few points of the bar line itself (and in some cases actually *touch* the bar line!); 3. noteheads themselves sometimes (but much less often than other Objects) seem too close to the bar line (leading and trailing).

None of these were a problem a few versions ago -- I would really love to know what has happened to effect this change, and where the spacing code is located so I could revert this.

The simple answer is probably that the changes you have noticed
are side-effects of several changes to the algorithms, that
presumably have improved lots of other aspects of the layout.

  /Mats