Staff.instr code change?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Staff.instr code change?
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:27:55 -0400

Hello, all --

Per the thread on the user list... Has the code for Staff.instr changed between 2.6 and 2.8 -- specifically, \set Staff.instr does not appear to work after the music has begun, e.g.

        \relative
        {
                \set Staff.instr = "one"
                c d e f g
                \set Staff.instr = "two"
                a b c d ...
        }

will always show "one" as the instr.

In the chamber opera I'm frantically trying to finish and engrave [ =) ] , I definitely need the ability for my flute player to take piccolo, clarinet to take b.cl., violin to take viola, etc., and for the score to display the correct instr.

What is the best workaround or fix for this issue?

Thanks,
Kieren.