RE: Documentation - first impressions of the latest manual

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: Documentation - first impressions of the latest manual
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:31:35 +0100

Suggested rewrite for 6.4.4 Partial measures

The syntax for this command is

\partial duration

Where duration is the length of the leading notes.

This is internally translated into

\set Timing.measurePosition = -length of duration

Where the property measurePosition contains a negative number counting
backwards from the first barline.

(Original text cut-n-pasted from the web site, so it was the latest)
Cheers,
Wol