Re: global-context-scheme cleanup

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: global-context-scheme cleanup
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 12:26:13 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
Hi,

The attached patch performs a number of cleanups:

1. ly:run-translator is split up into three separate functions.
2. get_output is eliminated; instead, score-level translators set a context property 'output in the score context. 3. (2) eliminates the need for the Score_translator and Score_context classes, so they are junked.

good.

While (2) makes an improvement over the previous situation, I'm still not satisfied: I'd like to keep the output in translators, and then rewrite all uses of ly:run-translator to extract output from the translators instead.

I don't understand this remark completely.

does this patch depend on the other one (I just  commented on)?

if not, please apply after verifying that make web still works.

+(define (ly:make-translator-context od key)
+  (let ((glob (ly:make-global-context od key)))
+    (ly:make-global-translator glob)
+    glob))
+
+(define-public (run-translator mus od key)
+  (ly:interpret-music-expression mus (ly:make-translator-context od key)))

i'm not a fan of these 2 line excursions to scheme from C++. Why not call ly_make_translator_context directly from ly:run-translator

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com