Source release 2.8.4, documentation 2.8.5?

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Source release 2.8.4, documentation 2.8.5?
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:11:36 +0200

Hi,

I'm just trying to give the OpenBSD port prepared by Matt Jibson
some final polish.

Unfortunately, we can't build the documentation on OpenBSD (due to
an old version of makeinfo in the base system), so I decided to use
the downloadable tarball, which is versioned 2.8.5 -- in contrast
to the source tarball (2.8.4).

Is there any official release 2.8.5 of the sources planned? The
current OpenBSD port would be a real kludge, mixing LilyPond 2.8.4
and the documentation versioned 2.8.5. I could also include patches
between 2.8.4 and the CVS branch 2.8, but that doesn't seem very
elegant, either.

Ciao,
        Kili