Re: All performers converted.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: All performers converted.
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:16:23 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
Hi,

I have finished converting all performers, as a warming-up round (it made me realise which obstacles I will encounter when converting engravers).

I also encountered and worked around a problem with engravers: The 'cause property of a grob is currently set to a music object sometimes. Eventually I'll change this to stream-event everywhere, but until then I've implemented a hybrid solution: Music causes are stored as stream-events internally, and Grob_info::music_cause converts that event back to Music. (to make things easy, I simply added a music-cause property to stream-events, which links back to the originating music. That property will be removed later.)

Hi,

good point. Can you use both music-cause and event-cause? This clearly
signals whether a file has been processed (if it uses 'cause, it hasn't been). I'm quite sure that there is Scheme code that accesses 'cause in a couple of places. Can you verify that you converted everything by grepping the sources (including .scm and .ly files).

will you be able to make this change smoothly, or should we wait for a big conversion step? If it can be done smoothly, please apply after 2.9.12 is released.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com