OT: Linux on Mac laptop, was Re: doc and bug work

From: Graham Percival
Subject: OT: Linux on Mac laptop, was Re: doc and bug work
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:36:40 -0700

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

The worst thing for me: since ATI is a collection of air-heads, they have no open source driver for their Radeon card.

Yes, but at least they released enough specs for 2d stuff to work. I tried installing linux a few months ago, but this is a 12" powerbook with a nVidia card. nVidia doesn't release any specs, so the kernel hackers don't know how to wake up this card after it's been put to sleep. As a result, I can't do suspend-to-ram. I don't card about the lack of 3d acceleration, but I _do_ require suspend-to-ram.