Re: lilypond ChangeLog VERSION lily/duration-scheme...

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: lilypond ChangeLog VERSION lily/duration-scheme...
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:52:47 +0200

Citerar Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:

> Log message:
>       * python/convertrules.py (conv): warning on \tempo{}
>
>       * ly/performer-init.ly: set tempoWholesPerMinute.
>
>       * lily/parser.yy (output_def_body): disallow \tempo in \midi{}

Hi,

Why can't \tempo in \midi just produce a tempoWholesPerMinute expression plus a
warning? If we do that, we get two advantages:
1. we will be backward compatible for a while; users will have time to change
syntax for their midi blocks.
2. We may get a more powerful alternative to convert-ly, which can handle
\tempo; it can be good to wait for that (e.g., it's possible that my work on
syntax expressions will result in a more complete conversion tool)

Erik