Re: GUB success.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: GUB success.
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:07:14 +0200

Erik Sandberg wrote:
Hi,

Now gub works here (on my IA32 partition), so I can commit code again.

I couldn't easily force a rebuild. If I have a patch I want to test, what should I do? I applied the patch to downloads/lilypond-HEAD, but I couldn't find a good way to force make or make linux to rebuild (the only way I could find was rm -r target/).

The best way is to change downloads/lilypond-HEADS/.cvs-checksum.

That file is a checksum of all CVS/Entries files, and if it's changed, GUB assumes it has to rebuild the thing.

It would be nice if there were a less ad-hoc way of dealing with this. Perhaps we could build GUB from a git repo of lilypond instead?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com