Re: lilypond ChangeLog Documentation/user/examples....

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond ChangeLog Documentation/user/examples....
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:41:51 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
I'm sure that there's some reason why "\tempo x = y" is a horrible construct and must be replaced, but
    \context {
      \Score
      tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment y x)
      }
looks unnecessarily complicated. If that's the way it's going to be, I'll document it, but... why this? Do we want to allow users to have different tempo in different Staff contexts?

we can hvae something like

 #(set-tempo "4" 70)

or maybe

  tempo = #70

\tempo has to go, because it is strange exception to the general syntax.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com