Re: partcombine not giving joy for hymns

From: Ted Walther
Subject: Re: partcombine not giving joy for hymns
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:30:28 -0700

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 08:12:39AM +0200, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-06/msg00177.html
for a solution, that unfortunately doesn't work in version 2.8, only in
the "unstable" version 2.9.

Note that also the first lines of that reply are relevant to you.

Point taken.  Is request for new features more appropriate for the -user
list?

The nice thing about lyricsto is that it centers the word around its
corresponding note.  When I first began doing lyrics I used the
technique mentioned in themail you quoted above.  The results were ugly.
The word began directly beneath the related note instead of being nicely
centered beneath it.

The email I was referring to can be found here; it clearly describes the
problem with using \partcombine and \lyricsto together.

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/address@hidden/426030.html

I replied on this list because it is a reply to the above URL, which was
a post on this list.  I would like to know what became of the work
mentioned in that post.  Was anything like it incorporated in lilypond
since then?

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 2459 E 41 Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2 (Canada)
Contact: 604-435-5787