Re: music function patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: music function patch
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:34:22 +0200

Erik Sandberg wrote:
On Monday 18 September 2006 12:46, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Erik Sandberg wrote:
Hi,

The attached patch cleans up music functions:
- functions can have any arity, and parameters can be mixed in any way.
- implementation: A music function generates a sequence of tokens, so
e.g. a (markup? music? scm?) function generates tokens MUSIC_FUNCTION
EXPECT_SCM EXPECT_MUSIC EXPECT_MARKUP. After that it's easy to write a
grammar to parse the argument list.
- there is still a restriction on 'event functions': A function can only
be applied to a post-event or chord-element if the function has exactly
one music parameter, and if that parameter is last. If this rule is
violated, there will be confusing parser errors ("unexpected
EXPECT_MUSIC") due my implementation, but I also added an error message
which describes the problem in English.
IIRC, this patch is still pending. Can you have a look at integrating this?

I tried some days ago. A problem is that I still couldn't make web completely, even without the patch. I also have an updated patch for my translator patch, which is as well-tested. Both patches are attached.

btw, can you revise internal_event_assignment so it uses the string class iso. char* ?

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com