Re: warnings during `make web'

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: warnings during `make web'
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:03:39 +0100

Juergen Reuter escreveu:
One theoretical solution would be to introduce a new "ligatureheads.cc" file instead of using the "noteheads.cc" functionality. However, it turned out that almost all of the functionality of noteheads.cc would
> have to be cloned.  Even worse, some other parts of lily call methods in
> noteheads.cc (at least in earlier versions of lily they did; I have not

This might have been true when you added this stuff (~ 4 years ago, I think), but nowadays, note-head.cc has 7 routines, of which 3 aren't used anywhere else. For good measure, I just removed Note_head::get_balltype() as well. The other routines have to do with stem attachments, which aren't applicable to ligatures anyway.

The easiest solution that I can see is to tolerate little polution of "noteheads.cc" and just add the missing interface declaration at the end of this file. However, that's not my decision...

I think that this is going about the problem in the wrong way. Given how much lily has changed over the years, the proper solution IMO is to redo the ligature stuff completely. IF my hunches are correct, most of the code will collapse and disappear because of improvements in the rest of LilyPond.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com